The Green Bay Packers’ 2017 schedule was released Thursday in grand fashion. We knew the Packers would open with the Seattle Seahawks at home earlier in the day.
They’ll go to Atlanta to open the Falcons’ new stadium in week 2, a rematch of the NFC Championship game. It’s also the second year in a row the Packers have opened someone else’s new stadium in week 2 — they did so for the Vikings in 2016.
It doesn’t really get any easier from there, with the Bengals in week 3. But go 2-1 in that stretch and you’re looking pretty good.
The rumored Dallas Thanksgiving game isn’t happening, though. The Packers will get the Cowboys in week 5 on a Sunday.
Unlike last season, when the Packers were saddled with the earliest bye in the year, they’ll get that at the midway point — week 8. That should help one of the most perennially injured teams in the league.
In all, the Packers will play five prime time games, something to be expected from one of the premiere teams in the league.
Here’s the rundown. Lots of Aikman and Buck it looks like, if that’s of consequence to you.
- Week 1: Sun., Sept. 10 vs. Seattle, 3:25 p.m., Fox
- Week 2: Sun., Sept. 17 at Atlanta, 7:30 p.m., NBC
- Week 3: Sun., Sept. 24 vs. Cincinnati, 3:25 p.m., CBS
- Week 4: Thurs., Sept. 28 vs. Chicago, 7:25 p.m., CBS/NFLN
- Week 5: Sun., Oct. 8, at Dallas, 3:25 p.m., Fox
- Week 6: Sun., Oct. 15 at Minnesota, noon, Fox
- Week 7: Sun., Oct. 22 vs. New Orleans, noon, Fox
- Week 8: Bye
- Week 9: Mon., Nov. 6 vs. Detroit, 7:30 p.m., ESPN
- Week 10: Sun., Nov. 12 at Chicago, noon, Fox
- Week 11: Sun., Nov. 19 vs. Baltimore, noon, CBS
- Week 12: Sun., Nov. 26 at Pittsburgh, 7:30 p.m., NBC
- Week 13: Sun., Dec. 3 vs. Tampa Bay, noon, Fox
- Week 14: Sun., Dec. 10 at Cleveland, noon, Fox
- Week 15: Sun., Dec. 17 at Carolina, noon, Fox
- Week 16: Sat., Dec. 23 vs. Minnesota, 7:30 p.m, NBC
- Week 17: Sun., Dec. 31 at Detroit, noon, Fox