Note to Green Bay Packers: Here Are the Top Free Agent Safeties
I know, it’s laughable to think the Green Bay Packers would sign a free agent who actually has a chance of contributing. It’s even more laughable to think they would pay someone else’s free agent a lot of money.
You know, a top-tier guy who could actually come in and make a difference.
The last time Ted Thompson did something so crazy was 2006, when he went out and signed Charles Woodson and Ryan Pickett. By the way, Woodson, who Thompson cut last offseason had 97 tackles, two sacks, an interception and a forced fumble playing safety for the Raiders in 2013.
Clearly, the Packers don’t want that kind of production at the safety position.
Anyway, we’re going to pretend for a second that the Green Bay Packers actually operate like the rest of the NFL and, you know, sign a free agent here and there.
Like yesterday, when we looked at the top safeties in the draft, we’re going to look at the top safeties available (as of now) in free agency.
- Wild Speculation: Green Bay Packers Sign Donte Whitner
- Jim Leonard wants to Play for the Green Bay Packers
- Free Agency News for Green Bay Packers Fans, Day 1
- Packers Have Signed Letroy Guion
- We Would Like to Point Out the Saints Released Roman Harper