Sam Shields, Charles Woodson Return
Is it possible the Green Bay Packers finally got some good news on the injury front? Cornerbacks Sam Shields and Charles Woodson both returned to practice on Wednesday.
Although both were limited, Shields said he’s 100 percent again after suffering a high ankle sprain all the way back in week six and expects to play this weekend. More significant, especially for the Packers run defense, is the return of Woodson, who broke his collarbone in week seven.
Unfortunately, he’s not a slam dunk to play this weekend. The Packers originally targeted the Chicago game for Woodson’s return, so it’s possible they may be cautious and hold him out another week.
Now, if the Packers could get Clay Matthews and C.J. Wilson back on the field, their defense would be set.
- Charles Woodson Won’t Return, Clay Matthews Will
- Charles Woodson Has Finally Been Cleared
- Woodson’s Role: Mostly Safety
- Sam Shields, Packers Working on Long-Term Deal
- Packers Don’t Think Charles Woodson Can Play Anymore