Clay Matthews? Not This Week, Bub!
It’s Wednesday and the Green Bay Packers have already ruled outside linebacker Clay Matthews out of this week’s game with the Detroit Lions.
Bad news for you. Good news for the Leos.
Matthews injured a hamstring before the Packers bye against Arizona. The Packers put Matthews through tests early this week and he obviously didn’t pass.
So now what?
The Packers will go with Erik Walden and either Dezman Moses or Frank Zombo in the starting lineup. Moses, who’s actually been on the active roster all season, would seem to have the advantage. However, Zombo is a former starter and should see plenty of playing time.
- Charles Woodson Won’t Return, Clay Matthews Will
- Clay Matthews Also Ditches Pro Bowl
- Clay Matthews Will Continue Standing Around
- Russ Ball-ology: How to Get Rodgers and Matthews Signed
- Packers Not at 2010 Injury Level… Yet