To Surprise of No One, Aaron Rodgers is Player of the Week
After throwing for 338 yards and six touchdowns against the previously undefeated Houston Texans, it was a foregone conclusion that Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers would be named the NFC offensive player of the week.
Today, the NFL went through the formality of making that announcement.
Rodgers also won the award in week four for his performance against New Orleans.
Here’s an interesting nugget from PFT: Rodgers is one of three quarterbacks in NFL history to complete 60 percent of his passes, throw for at least 330 yards, six touchdowns and no picks.
The others are Tom Brady and Y.A. Tittle.
- Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre Got Together Last Night [Video]
- Aaron Rodgers Will Not Like Tom Brady’s New Deal
- For Some Reason, Joe Flacco is Now Highest-Paid QB
- Russ Ball-ology: How to Get Rodgers and Matthews Signed
- Packers Better Hurry Up and Extend Aaron Rodgers