Greg Jennings Will Not Be Getting A New Contract Soon
One business-related nugget to pass on before we continue making fun of Chicago Bears fans. Green Bay Packers receiver Greg Jennings, who will be a free agent after the season, will not be getting a new contract anytime soon.
Jennings suspended negotiations with the Packers when the season started because he wants to focus solely on football.
Although Jennings, who suffered a groin injury against San Francisco, says he wants to remain with the Packers, it’s not quite that simple for reasons we’ve detailed before.
In addition, the fact that he suspended negotiations tells us the two sides weren’t even close on a new deal. There seems to be a real possibility Jennings won’t return next season.
If he hits the open market, he’ll probably get more money than the Packers can afford to pay when you consider the extensions they’ve handed out recently and the guys they still have to pay.
- Report: Dolphins Want Greg Jennings
- Packers Considering Franchise Tag for Greg Jennings
- Packers Will Not Franchise Greg Jennings
- Packers Waiting for Greg Jennings’ Price to Drop, Vikings Out
- Greg Jennings on the Vikings Now Seems Totally Plausible