Packers Reportedly Offer Driver Restructured Deal
The Green Bay Packers have offered receiver Donald Driver a restructured contract, according to Lance Allen.
Any new deal would simply be an attempt for the Packers to save money and for Driver to stay in Green Bay. Driver is 37 and coming off one of his least-productive seasons as a pro, but has expressed his intention to play in 2012. He’s also said he’s open to taking a pay cut to stay with the Packers.
It looks like that’s what Driver and his agent will be mulling over today.
Driver has a salary cap number of $5 million in 2012. More than $2.5 million of that is in the form of Driver’s base salary. That’s a lot of money to pay a veteran falling down the depth chart.
- Donald Driver Reportedly Leaning Toward Retirement
- Vikings Reportedly Interested in Donald Driver
- Donald Driver’s Greatest Hits [Video]
- Donald Driver Will Retire
- Watch Old Lady Lose It When Donald Driver Shows Up