Packers Sign Second-Rounder Casey Hayward
We have details of another deal for another of the Green Bay Packers draft picks. This time, it’s the team’s second second-round pick Casey Hayward.
The cornerback got a four-year deal worth $3.31 million. Of that, $1.42 million is guaranteed. The deal also includes a $847,000 signing bonus.
Hayward is expected to compete for at least the nickel cornerback job. He may also be looked at as a starter, which would pave the way for Charles Woodson‘s move to safety. That is, of course, if Hayward doesn’t turn out to be Pat Lee.
The Packers have reached deals with the majority of their draft picks. We’ll update you when we have details of their deals.
- Woodson’s Role: Mostly Safety
- Casey Hayward Says He’s Going to Start
- Casey Hayward Third in Defensive Rookie of the Year Race
- Casey Hayward Got Braces!
- Packers Best and Worst in 2012