Vikings Not Leaving For L.A.: Pros And Cons
Well, unfortunately or fortunately, depending on your point of view, the Minnesota Vikings don’t look like they’ll be relocating to Los Angeles. That’s because those useless shitbags finally look like they have a deal for a new stadium in Minneapolis.
If all goes according to plan, the stadium will be built on or near the current site of the Metrodome, cost $975 million and the cost will be divided up between the city, state and team.
Under the preliminary deal, the city would contribute $150 million in construction costs to the downtown Minneapolis project. The state would add $398 million, while the Vikings would pay $427 million. The city also would pay approximately $180 million in operating costs over the next 30 years, multiple sources close to the negotiations said.
The deal isn’t finalized, but is expected to be finished by next week. It will still need to be approved by the state legislature and city council, which could derail the deal if they see fit. The city council looks like it will be the biggest obstacle. The Star Tribune reports a majority is against a stadium subsidy without a citywide referendum.
Anyway, assuming the deal gets done, let’s look at the pros and cons of the Vikings remaining in Minnesota.
- traditional rivalry with the Green Bay Packers will remain
- no divisional realignment will be necessary
- ignorant, inbred, sheep-fucking Vikings fans will not jump on Packers bandwagon and pretend they were there all along
- when you go to Minneapolis to watch Packers thrash Vikings, you won’t have to sit in the Econo Lodge of stadiums
- ignorant, inbred, sheep-fucking Vikings fans will remain right next door
- Packers won’t get to play in Los Angeles, giving you vacation excuse
- can’t make fun of Vikings shitty, hole-in-the-roof stadium much longer
- won’t be able to turn full vitriol and hatred to Chicago Bears
You see, it’s about a horse a piece, but we like to think the pros probably outweigh the cons by a hair. So, this is probably a good thing. That is, unless they fuck it up in true Minnesota Vikings fashion at the last minute.
- Lest We Forget, It’s Minnesota Vikings Week
- Buy More Pulltabs, You Ingrates!
- Here Are Renderings of New Minnesota Vikings Stadium
- Let’s All Admire New Minnesota Vikings Uniforms
- Greg Jennings on the Vikings Now Seems Totally Plausible