Randall Cobb Wins Play Of The Year [Video]
Aaron Rodgers wasn’t the only member of the Green Bay Packers who took home some hardware Saturday night. Rookie receiver/return man Randall Cobb won play of the year at the National Football League Honors banquet, Saturday.
Cobb won for his 108-yard kickoff return on opening night. He beat out Cincinnati Bengals receiver Jerome Simpson, who did a forward flip over a defender to score a touchdown. Simpson was hit with drug charges after the season, which may have had something to do with the outcome.
Nonetheless, Cobb was humble when he accepted the award.
“If I did what I was supposed to do, which is stay in the end zone, like my coach told me, y’all probably wouldn’t know my name right now,” Cobb said.
Cobb averaged 27.7 yards on kickoff returns and 11.3 yards on punt returns in 2011.
Here’s the play in question (at least until the NFL’s Nazis pull it from YouTube).
- Randall Cobb, Jeremy Ross Both in Play on Returns
- Randall Cobb Will Play This Week
- Randall Cobb’s Season in Statistical Perspective
- Aaron Rodgers Wants Randall Cobb Off Returns, Buffoon Does Not
- Randall Cobb’s Special Teams Days Appear Over