Rodgers NFC Offensive Player Of The Year
Well, here’s some good news.
Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers was named the NFC’s offensive player of the year for this year’s NFL 101 Awards. What are the NFL 101 Awards? We’ve never heard of them until today, so we did a little research and here’s what we found.
The “Committee of 101″ is a national media committee of 101 sportswriters and sportscasters, who cover the NFL, and are asked to vote on the top offensive player, defensive player, and coach on each of the National Football League conferences, rather than the NFL as a whole.
So, this isn’t the NFL’s official offensive player of the year award, where Rodgers is expected to receive heavy competition from New Orleans’ Drew Brees. It could be an indication how that vote might come out, though.
New England’s Tom Brady won the AFC offensive player award. Minnesota’s Jared Allen and Baltimore’s Terrell Suggs won the defensive awards.
- Aaron Rodgers is Back on the Party Circuit [Photos]
- Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre Got Together Last Night [Video]
- Aaron Rodgers’ New Deal Could Be Done Soon
- Aaron Rodgers Gets All the Broads Because He’s So Cool
- Packers Better Hurry Up and Extend Aaron Rodgers