Randall Cobb Could Miss Opener
Green Bay Packers rookie receiver [intlink id="1616" type="category"]Randall Cobb[/intlink] could miss the regular season opener after hurting his knees in last Friday’s preseason game.
Cobb has contusions in both knees and is listed as day-to-day. The injuries happened while he was returning a kick against Arizona.
“I got hit in an awkward way and came down a little awkward,” Cobb said.
If Cobb isn’t able to go, the Packers will need to choose a returner to fill in until he’s ready. [intlink id="1618" type="category"]Alex Green[/intlink] appears most likely to be the primary kick returner in Cobb’s absence, but the punt return job isn’t as clear.
The Packers exposed cornerback [intlink id="82" type="category"]Tramon Williams[/intlink] on punt returns last season and we can’t imagine they want to do that again.
- Aaron Rodgers Wants Randall Cobb Off Returns, Buffoon Does Not
- Randall Cobb, Jeremy Ross Both in Play on Returns
- Randall Cobb’s Season in Statistical Perspective
- Randall Cobb Will Play This Week
- Randall Cobb’s Special Teams Days Appear Over