Packers’ Four Worst Moments Since 1987
Pro Football Talk counted down the four worst moments in Green Bay Packers history since 1987, which was the last season with a work stoppage.
Here’s their list.
4. Brett Favre’s return to Lambeau Field as a member of the Minnesota Vikings
3. 4th-and-26 (2003 NFC Divisional loss to Philadelphia)
2. Super Bowl XXXII loss to Broncos
1. 2007 NFC Championship game (loss to Giants)
Not surprisingly, the top two involve [intlink id="41" type="category"]Brett Favre[/intlink] crapping the bed.
Both the 2007 NFC Championship game and Super Bowl XXXII were pretty devastating, but I’d have to put the Super Bowl loss at No. 1.
Despite what happened with Favre after that championship game, the Packers still would have had to go through the undefeated New England Patriots to win the Super Bowl in 2007. Who knows how that would have turned out.
Tell us your thoughts or if you can think of another moment worthy of inclusion.
- Packers Still Blathering About Retiring Brett Favre’s Number
- Greg Jennings and Brett Favre Colluding on Minnesota
- Aaron Rodgers, Brett Favre Talk About Making Nice
- Brett Favre Will Return on Sunday
- You’ll Be Happy to Know Brett Favre is a Good Tipper