People Really Like White Running Backs
I more or less thought it was a foregone conclusion that Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers would be on the cover of the new Madden game.
If you recall, EA Sports and ESPN are running a tournament where people can vote for the player featured on the cover. It’s currently down to four players — Rodgers is facing Cleveland Browns running back Peyton Hillis. Michael Vick is facing Adrian Peterson on the other side of the bracket.
Rodgers and Hillis. Should be a wash for Rodgers, right?
Hillis is winning, as of this morning.
That’s right. A guy with one decent season who plays for a perennial doormat is more popular than the broad-wrangling, legend-vanquishing, Super Bowl-winning quarterback for the best damn franchise in the history of everything.
Obviously, people really like white running backs.
My guess — white people.
If you care, you can vote here.
- Aaron Rodgers Was Not Happy on Saturday
- Aaron Rodgers and The Office [Photos]
- Tomorrow is Aaron Rodgers Day: Ways To Celebrate
- Aaron Rodgers Gets All the Broads Because He’s So Cool
- Aaron Rodgers is Playing Pebble Beach Again