Brett Favre: Humanitarian
This must be his penance for sending those dirty text messages.
Brett Favre will be hosting a 7-on-7 football camp for high school players at Southern Mississippi on June 14. The proceeds, which will probably be plentiful, will go to benefit his wife Deanna’s charity, Favre 4 Hope.
“I look forward to spending the day with the young athletes and their coaches,” Favre said. “I hope to share some of the knowledge I have acquired over my years in the NFL to help each team hone their skills.”
That’s swell, but it doesn’t really look like Favre will be helping anyone hone anything, which I’m sure [intlink id="25" type="category"]Aaron Rodgers[/intlink] can relate to.
The “camp” looks a lot like a tournament that Brett Favre will be putting his name on and hanging out at. This is from the official brochure.
The entry fee is $500.00 per team with each team’s roster containing a maximum of 25 participants. Each team will play a minimum of four games and everyone on the roster will receive lunch.
In addition, Each team will receive one NIKE Team Duffle Bag containing:
• One team photo with Brett Favre
• One autographed Brett Favre football
• One autographed 8×10 picture of Brett Favre
• 25 camp t-shirts
• 25 Brett Favre photo cards
After the morning session the top four teams will be determined to play for the Brett Favre 7 on 7 At The Rock Championship Trophy. Top players from the camp will be recognized by Brett as well.
Sweet! A [intlink id="41" type="category"]Brett Favre[/intlink] photo card!
There are also $25,000 corporate sponsorships available if you have something you want to market directly to, you know, high school football players.
I bet Brett’s sister knows someone who’d be interested in that.
- You’ll Be Happy to Know Brett Favre is a Good Tipper
- Brett Favre Says He’ll Come Back to Green Bay One Day
- Greg Jennings and Brett Favre Colluding on Minnesota
- Brett Favre Will Be Back Soon, Ya’ll!
- Aaron Rodgers and Brett Favre Got Together Last Night [Video]