McCarthy’s Deal Worth More Than $6 Million Per Season
Green Bay Packers coach [intlink id="67" type="category"]Mike McCarthy[/intlink] formally signed the contract extension we all knew he was getting, last week.
Initially, the deal was said to be worth $5 million per season, which would have put McCarthy behind [intlink id="13" type="category"]Chicago Bears[/intlink] coach [intlink id="296" type="category"]Lovie Smith[/intlink] as the second-highest paid coach in the NFC North. That number is a little off, apparently.
Dan Pompei reports McCarthy’s deal is worth $32.25 million over five years, which is an average of $6.45 million per season. The number rightfully makes McCarthy the highest-paid coach in the division.
The deal also puts McCarthy in the neighborhood of New England Patriots coach Bill Belicheck, who makes around $7 million per season as the NFL’s highest-paid coach.
- Mike McCarthy Gets in the Middle of a Marriage Proposal
- Packers’ OTAs Get Physical
- Mike McCarthy is Appalled, People!
- Packers Are Soft, Says Everyone Not Named Mike McCarthy
- Packers Adjust Game Plan, Tell Everyone They’ll Adjust Game Plan