Finley, Barnett Ticked About Team Photo
Linebacker Nick Barnett and tight end Jermichael Finley are pissed.
They’re not pissed because they won’t get to play in the Super Bowl. They’re pissed because they won’t be a part of the Green Bay Packers Super Bowl team photo.
Apparently no on injured reserve will be.
Both players took to Twitter this morning to let their displeasure be known.
Barnett started things off with this:
Kinda sad… Found out basically IR guys can not be in team picture… It’s kinda sad to think.. Just goes you injured yourself you not part
Finley chimed in with a few choice statements of his own.
We got hurt playing for the team. Its not like we got injury bs’in around.
I guess its what have u done for me lately!
I never trip abt anything, but the way IR players are getting treated not cool..
Barnett then kind of apologized, saying he didn’t want to be a distraction and finished with this.
Just saying I am sad that it worked out the way it did.. This game is bigger then my feelings and my body of work.. It’s about “One Goal”!
Apparently, the problem is this.
The team goes to Dallas on Monday. The players on injured reserve go to Dallas on Thursday. The team photo is scheduled for Tuesday.
You’d think the team or the NFL could have planned things out a little better.
Update: The Packers have now said the reason they decided to leave the players on injured reserve out of the photo is because of the number of players they have on IR.
“It was a team decision driven by the sheer number of players on IR. Our primary focus is to get the team ready to beat the Pittsburgh Steelers. Every decision we make is about trying to win a world championship,” a team spokesman said.
The Packers have 15 players injured reserve.
- Nick Barnett Gets Cut By Another Team
- People Make Fun of Jermichael Finley in Public
- Jermichael Finley and Packers are Getting Divorced
- You’re Making Us Uncomfortable, Jermichael Finley
- Jermichael Finley Won’t Be Dropping Anymore Passes
- Barnett And Finley’s Whining Pays Off | Total Packers
- Go Pack Go! « Josefin's blog
- Pot Calls The Kettle Black: Finley Thinks Ochocinco Is A Clown | Total Packers
- Jermichael Finley Has A Lot Of Reasons To Be Motivated | Total Packers
- Colledge Not Happy With Packers Over White House Snub | Total Packers