This Time, Woodson Defensive Player Of The Week
Another week, another player of the week award for the Green Bay Packers. Cornerback Charles Woodson captured the NFC’s Defensive Player of the Week award, an award he won twice last season, for his play against Detroit.
Woodson recorded 14 tackles and returned an interception for a touchdown against the Lions in his best game of the season, to date.
Last season, Woodson won the NFC Defensive Player of the Month award three times on his way to the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award.
After week one, kicker Mason Crosby took home the special teams award. After week two, linebacker Clay Matthews was awarded the defensive award and followed that up with the NFC Defensive Player of the Month award for September.
Woodson has 28 tackles, two forced fumbles and one interception on the season.
Empty ad slot (#1)!
- Charles Woodson: No New Team in Sight
- Pondering Charles Woodson’s Future With the Packers
- Charles Woodson Won’t Return, Clay Matthews Will
- Sam Shields, Charles Woodson Return
- Charles Woodson Open to Renegotiating His Deal