Tauscher Deal Reportedly Close
Word out of Green Bay is the Packers are close to a deal to resign veteran right tackle Mark Tauscher.
“I feel Mark Tauscher is definitely not too far away, and hopefully we’ll have some news for you there shortly, and no different with Ryan Pickett,” coach Mike McCarthy said. “We’re focused on bringing our own free agents back, getting better as a football team, starting internally, and then we’ll add another draft class to this group.”
Although Tauscher is 32 and could be replaced by second-year man T.J. Lang in the starting lineup this season, the Packers have stated they want to bring him back.
If nothing else, Tauscher provides quality depth and helps ensure the Packers won’t have to rely on Allen Barbre ever again. Tauscher could command $5 million per season, but if the Packers sign him for longer than one year the team is unlikely to give the tackle much guaranteed money.
Empty ad slot (#1)!
- There’s More Steven Jackson to the Packers Speculation
- Green Bay Packers All-Time Best Free Agent Signings
- Packers Want a Defensive Lineman, So Here Are Some Names
- Packers May Not Tender All of Their Restricted Free Agents
- Packers Bring In Chris Canty, Predictably Do Nothing