Rejected Super Bowl Ad Featured Hot Packer-on-Viking Action
This year was no different, with an ad for the gay dating site Mancrunch getting rejected last week.
The rejected ad features a couple of football fans – one of whom looks suspiciously like Chicago Bears tight end Greg Olsen – watching the game. Then they start making out.
According to CBS, the commercial “is not within the Network’s Broadcast Standards for Super Bowl Sunday.” Other sources indicate that CBS suspected Mancrunch was just after some free publicity, which they did a fine job of attaining.
How could this possibly be interesting to Green Bay Packers fans? I’ll tell you why – because one of the guys in the ad is wearing a Packers jersey and the other guy is wearing a Vikings jersey. The fact that the makers of the commercial chose those two teams for the joke speaks volumes to how intense and renowned the Packers/Vikings rivalry has become.
See the ad for yourself.
Empty ad slot (#1)!
- Will Ferrell’s Old Milwaukee Super Bowl Commercial
- Lest We Forget, It’s Minnesota Vikings Week
- Christian Ponder’s Wedding Cake is Exactly What You Thought
- Yes, Vikings Fans Were Being Vikings Fans Yesterday
- Packers, 49ers Playoff Rivalry Wasn’t Much of Rivalry After All